Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mu-loooooong Time, but I'm Back!

Wow...that was cheesy...and wow, I've been outta the game for some time now! It's September 2010! Lot's have happened and kept me away, but hopefully I'll be in a better routine to get back in. And what better way to get re-started, then a pair of Mulan-themed customs!! I love Disney movies and these are for my cousin's daughter Mia :)

My cousin Paul has always talked about me doing a pair of customs for Mia, but it never came to pass. Finally, we got it together and planned it out -- pretty easily. Mia's birthday is Sept. 13 and Paul wanted something "princess-y" but "strong" -- and then he said "MULAN"! Knowing Mia, this soon to be 5 year old, didn't seem like the typical sneaker girl and I knew I had to fit her little growing style. I found some pretty dope adidas ballet flats with metallic gold stripes that are right up her alley. The real estate on the flats led for a lot creativity to maximize the space.

We've got Mulan on both shoes, dragon rockets, Cri-Kee the Cricket, cherry blossoms and the sword handle. I kept in strictly "Mulan", rather than "birthday-ing it up" and I think all the elements work together. I mailed them off last week up to the Bay Area, and yesterday I received a text from Paul saying he got them and they looked great! Yah! :) Hopefully Mia feels the same and enjoys her upcoming birthday next week! Happy Birthday Mia!

No comments: