Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Naybeck

A month ago, my great aunt passed away. She was like a second mother to me and my brother growing up. "Nay" means "mother" in tagalog, and combining it with her name, Rebecca, we called her "Naybeck." It's still hard to talk about, and it's a long story, but she is definitely loved and missed. I've known her my whole life, and she finally got to go back to the Philippines where she passed. She died April 30, 2008. The sneakers say "04.29.08" because it was the 29th in the states. Naybeck was 7th Day Adventist, so I put a bible verse about "soul sleep", which they believe in. Daniel 12:2 "...and many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life..." Naybeck was tha homie for sure.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Maria,
I am so sorry for your loss, love. I know your Auntie is watching over you and your brother, and is so pround and touched by talent, love, and dedication to her life. Keep doing what you're doing, Maria...you are an inspiration. Love you.